Thank you for presenting at the 35th Annual CRANAplus Conference
Electronic Poster Presentations (e-Posters) must be prepared in PowerPoint (1 slide in 16:9 format) using the template provided. These will be displayed during the conference on large flat screen monitors in the exhibition area.
- Please load your PowerPoint to the online folder prior to arriving at the conference, ideally by COB Friday 13 October 2017.
- e-Posters will rotate automatically and each will be shown for one minute.
- Delegates will be able to pause posters to view them in more detail. There will also be an index to allow delegates to find an individual poster.
- At least one author listed on the e-Poster abstract must be registered for at least one day of the conference for the e-Poster to be confirmed.
- Accepted e-Poster authors must submit their e-Poster slide using the template provided via the link below.
PRESENTATION UPLOAD – ONLINE FOLDER
ePOSTER TEMPLATE – POWERPOINT SLIDE
e-Posters are a visual presentation of the main points of your topic and make use of graphics such maps, photographs and charts.
- An e-Poster presentation is a graphic/textual way to show others your work. Therefore, your poster presentation should rely on colour, diagrams, charts and visual images to illustrate your ideas rather that presenting information in text.
- A minimum of three (3) relevant visual images is recommended. These should be clearly labelled.
- The text used must be concise, using just enough words to explain your work and the significance and impact your topic has for the profession.
- Select colour combinations that are simple and pleasing to the eye. Two/three colours will unify the poster.
- Lay out and organise the material to make the main message clear.
- Balance the quantity of text and graphics equally and use dot points and lists to increase clarity and quantity of information.
- Check typography, avoid abbreviations, acronyms and jargon.
- Your e-Poster should be formatted in a way that the reader’s eye movement should be naturally down the column or along rows.
- Remember that SIZE attracts attention in your typography.
- Use arrows, pointing hands, numbers and letters to clarify sequences.
- Use simplicity, don’t overload the e-Poster!
- Key references (if appropriate) should be placed in a small text box at the bottom right hand corner of your e-Poster, in no more than 12-point font.
- Is your e-Poster reader-friendly, clear and concise?
- Am I drawn to this e-Poster?
- Can colleagues quickly examine the e-Poster and understand major points?
- Would an interested reader learn enough to ask informed questions?
- Does it stimulate interest and conversation?
e-Poster must be prepared in PowerPoint (1 slide in 16:9 format). They will be displayed during the conference on a large flat-screen monitor in the trade exhibition area.